Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Update

It was a typical weekend for us.  


We  ventured out into Delhi to Mr. Khan's with some friends. Mr. Khan has great business sense! You go to his house for a carpet-showing.  You take home as many beautiful antique carpets as you like at no charge.  He even delivers and will pick up the ones you don't like. And if you change your mind a year later...no problem!











We spent a good deal of time at the pool this weekend.  Lucy flings herself off the diving board at will and swims the length of the pool unassisted.  It is quite an amazing thing to watch your kids learn to swim!


Then Ted got crazy in the kitchen.  I will admit, he has perfected the balance between healthy and delicious.  These scrumptious muffins have a pinch of sugar, little to no oil and I think I heard him saying, "buttermilk...buttermilk...what can I substitute for buttermilk."
My granola on the other hand is purely good for you. No substitutions permitted, I only omit things I don't want like sugar and oil.   It is packed full of only healthy ingredients...sesame seeds, wheat germ, almonds, walnuts, grapenuts, cinnamon, water, oats...and a little molasses...I don't think it tastes bad!

Lucy is getting too cool for school on this bike with training wheels.  
I have a feeling they are coming off soon. 

Increased security around here.  
I am getting the pointer finger for taking a picture outside the US Embassy. 

Scout is on the move at 6 months!

Lucy's creativity is taking off!  I couldn't believe it when we merely suggested that she go draw a picture.  She came back with this sail boat.  I then suggested that she write MOMO on the top.  She insisted that she knew how to spell and draw the letters.  I was in disbelief...and then proven wrong. 



"These are bad-guys.  Their names are Thomas and Percy.  They shoot fire!"
I will admit they don't look quite as friendly as the one above.  

Lucy practicing for our trip to New Zealand in a few months. 

No comments: