We tend to downplay holidays - especially the Hallmark, commercialized ones. This is usually an easier task here in India, where the lack of television and other advertising mediums keeps our girls insulated from mainstream commercial assaults. Tonight, however, I latched onto a holiday I generally regard as just plain useless, and I tried to take a different perspective. We have been working really hard with Lucy lately on sharing and thinking of others. I wanted Lucy to feel what it is like to show appreciation for others. So, we made Valentine's Day cards for her classmates.
I am not sure if she just liked having my attention while doing an art project or if she actually grasped what I set out to teach her. Regardless, it felt like time well spent together.
I am not sure if she just liked having my attention while doing an art project or if she actually grasped what I set out to teach her. Regardless, it felt like time well spent together.
| She insisted that she had to write individual messages (in her own language) to each of her classmates. |
No comments:
Post a Comment